Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Lavender and Rose Macarons 2

A friend of mine happened to be having a Paris themed baby shower this week, and I thought it was a perfect opportunity to make more lavender and rose macarons for the event!


This time, I made vanilla bean macaron shells and paired them with a honey and lavender French buttercream.  They were quite unique and delicious!  When you bite into them, you smell and taste the lavender first, a hint of sweet spicy floral.  Then, the honey comes in with its sweet warmth.  The flavors mingle and trade off as you eat.


For the rose macarons, I made vanilla shells, colored light pink, and paired them with a raspberry and rose French buttercream.  The sweet floral rose went perfectly with the sweet tart raspberry.


Here's a picture of both flavors in better light, so you can see their beautiful colors.  I could not decide which flavor I liked best.

No comments:

Post a Comment