Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Monday, June 10, 2013

S'mores Cupcakes


I've had this idea for cupcakes in my head for a while. I made chocolate cupcakes and frosted them with homemade marshmallow topping. Then, the most fun part, using my torch to toast the marshmallow! Then I dipped some graham cracker squares in chocolate and stuck them in. These were so delicious! Homemade marshmallow is a truly wonderful thing.

Marshmallow Meringue

4 large egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch salt

Place all ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer and place bowl over a pot with an inch of simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture is 160F. Place the mixing bowl on the stand and whip on high speed for 7 minutes until you have a billowy, sticky meringue. Scoop meringue into a piping bag with a 1M star tip amd pipe onto cupcakes. Use a kitchen torch to carefully toast the meringue.

No comments:

Post a Comment