Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ninja Turtles Cake

When I was young, we would visit my dad on the weekends, and he would take us to see the latest kids' movies. One of my favorites was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so when I got this week's order for a Ninja Turtles cake, I was thrilled!


I knew I had to include pizza - the turtles' favorite food, with absolutely no anchovies! I made the pizza out of modeling chocolate, and even grated a small piece of white modeling chocolate to create the "cheese."


I also made an authentic New York sewer grate, and of course the four turtles! Double awesome points if you can name all four!


The cake layers were lime - bright green turtle color, with homemade lime curd filling and lime Swiss meringue buttercream. Then I covered the cake in homemade vanilla fondant and impressed and hand painted a turtle shell design. 

It was so fun to make this cake! Now I need a He-Man and She-Ra order... anyone??





No comments:

Post a Comment