Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cherries and Blueberries Tarts

In my family, the favorite dessert is my fruit tart.  It is hard to beat, that's for sure!  The crisp, shortbread crust combined with the cool, creamy vanilla bean pastry cream and the fresh, tart fruit is an amazing combination of textures and flavors!  I made a fruit tart for Father's day for my step-dad this week.  One of my favorite parts is making mini fruit tarts with the dough scraps that are left after trimming the dough on the main tart.



I went with cherries and blueberries for these tarts, since they are in season, which means they are at their best!

To make a fruit tart, you will need 1 baked and cooled tart shell
1 recipe vanilla bean pastry cream, chilled
1 pint each of 2 or 3 fresh berries

Spread the pastry cream in the tart shell and top with the berries.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment