Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Whooo Loves Owls?

It was teacher appreciation week this week, and my oldest daughter told me she wanted to make her kindergarten teacher a cake.  She said it had to be an owl cake, because her teacher loves owls and collects owl things.


So we made her a 6-inch 6-layer chocolate cake with homemade marshmallow filling between layers, frosted with chocolate ganache, and covered in homemade vanilla fondant, with modeling chocolate decorations.

The cake was a big success, and Mrs. Jordan loved it!  The side of the cake says, "Whooo Loves Mrs. Jordan?" Lizzy really wanted to pipe "Lizzy" after those words, but I didn't have the cake finished in time for her to do that before she had to leave for school, so I brought the piping bag with me when I picked her up, and let her pipe her name on it in the hall right before we gave it to Mrs. Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment