Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Vanilla Bean Cake

Six months ago I had a tracheal resection surgery, to remove a growth in my trachea.  It was a difficult surgery with a hard recovery, and so I've had to go in for follow up visits to monitor the healing.  Wednesday was my 6-month post-op check-up, and I could tell from how I've been feeling that I have healed very well. The doctor confirmed it with a scope down my throat, showing 100% healing.  He said I don't have to come back again!  I brought with me a cake to thank the surgeon for his excellent work.


This was a 6-inch, 3-layer vanilla bean cake with vanilla bean whipped American buttercream, topped with hand sculpted sugar paste flowers.

I really am lucky to have a surgeon close by who can do the surgery I had to have.  Most people who get this have to fly out of state to have it done!  I was also greatly blessed by my family and friends who gave me so much care and support during my recovery!  I wish I could bake cakes for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment