Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Raspberry Macaron Cake

I read a post on a baker's blog from New York City that you can use pulverized freeze dried fruit in macaron shells to flavor them.  Macaron shells are very finicky to bake, and no liquid can be added to the dough, or it will not turn out.  I knew that you could add a small amount of cocoa powder to the shells, to make chocolate, so naturally, powdered freeze dried fruit should work similarly.


So, I got myself some freeze dried raspberries and pulverized them into powder in my food processor, adding it into the shell batter.  I then filled the cookies with raspberry Swiss meringue buttercream (made with seeded fresh raspberry puree) and set them atop a 6-inch, 4-layer chocolate cake, frosted in more of the raspberry buttercream.  They were so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment