Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mom's Anniversary

It's my mom's and her husband's first anniversary!  For a present, I decided to recreate the top tier of their wedding cake for them.


Their wedding colors were black, white, and red. Their cake had three tiers with a bouquet of fresh, real roses and baby's breath on top, and black stenciled accents on the side.


I decided to create a topper of hand sculpted sugar paste roses and baby's breath that they would be able to have for a keepsake.


Each rose takes more than half an hour to sculpt!  In my decorating classes, I learned the "Wilton Method" of creating sugar paste roses, and they are beautiful, but I saw roses online from a baker in England who made really gorgeous roses, and I wanted mine to look like that, so after some experimentation, I figured out how to do it!  I was really pleased with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment