Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Elephant Baby Shower!

My step-sister is expecting her first baby, and she had her baby shower this weekend.  The invitations were adorable, with yellow hearts and the sweetest little baby elephant.  As soon as I saw the invitation, I knew it had to become a cake!  She had already asked me to do cupcakes to match the invitation, so I made both!


The cake is coconut (my step-sister's favorite!) with key lime filling and coconut Swiss meringue buttercream.  I made homemade coconut fondant and covered the cake in it, and also made the heart border, and elephant topper.


For the cupcakes, I did a dozen each of coconut with key lime filling and coconut Swiss buttercream, and also chocolate cupcakes with cherry pie filling and cream cheese buttercream.  I made little elephants and hearts matching the cake and invitation out of sugar paste to stick on top!  If you look really closely, I used a piece of yellow sugar paper and a little heart punch to make tiny yellow heart sprinkles, which are on the heart toppers and also sprinkled on top of the cupcakes.

As cute as the cake and cupcakes are, I can't wait to see my new baby niece, Matilda!  She will be cutest of all!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Mybest friend baked a similar cake for my daughter on her first birthday. It was delicious and looked a lot like this one; it was just blue in color. We booked one of the biggest Los Angeles venues that time and all my friends and relatives from far away places landed to give their blessings.

    ReplyDelete