Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Bridal Shower Cake

I got hired to make a bridal shower cake this week, and I was really excited, because the client gave me the colors, cake size, and flavors, but left the rest up to me!  I had been wanting to do a buttercream ruffle technique on a cake for a while, and figured this was my perfect opportunity!  Since the outside would look ruffly, I decided to make some large ruffly flowers to go on it.


The lighting was bad in this first picture, so the flowers don't show their full color, as they do in the pictures below.  The colors were yellow, dark blue, and silver.


I just love how the ruffle technique comes out!  It's so feminine and frilly!


Everything on the cake is edible... including the beautiful silver sugar pearls.  


The inside was chocolate cake with chocolate Swiss buttercream between the layers, and vanilla Swiss buttercream outside for the ruffles.  You definitely want to use less-sweet Swiss buttercream for this, as it requires a LOT of frosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment