Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Homemade Sprinkles!

One of my favorite baking bloggers, http://bravetart.com had a post about making homemade sprinkles, and when I took a look at the recipe and saw how easy it was, I had to try it.  Stella, the pastry chef who writes Brave Tart, said she makes all her sprinkles homemade for the desserts in her restaurant, because store bought sprinkles taste nasty and are overpriced.  I thought, yes, they are expensive, but they taste OK, right?  So I went in my pantry and tapped out a couple of pink jimmies into my hand.  Blech!  They do taste awful!  Their flavor gets masked when you sprinkle them on things, I think, but if you try them plain they really are icky.  In any case, I whipped up a batch of Stella's "soft" sprinkles and made them up.  It gave me a small thrill to know that I had now reached a new level of baking geek-dom, by doing something as outrageous as making homemade sprinkles.  They taste delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment