Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fun cupcakes

I've been taking a cake decorating class, since I've never had any formal training, and tonight's lesson was on cupcakes!  We learned how to pipe on cupcake swirls (which I already knew, but that's OK), and then how to pipe on a "shaggy mum" (in pink) and a "pom-pom flower" (in blue).  We also learned how to inject our cupcakes with a filling (which I already knew how to do).  These cupcakes were white cake injected with vanilla pastry cream leftover from making Rachel's birthday cake.  The swirled frosting was leftover chocolate frosting from Rachel's cake, and the other two are Swiss meringue buttercream.  They're pretty cool!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment