Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cake Decorating Classes

All of my decorating skills are self-taught, from reading books, reading and watching videos online, and just experimenting on my own.  So, I decided to take some actual professional cake decorating classes.  They make you start at the beginning, so I am in a basics class... which means I have not learned anything new, but it's fun to get away for the evening and be with other cake-happy adults!  The first cake we were suppsed to decorate in class was learning to transfer a pattern on to a cake.  The manual came with a picture of a cupcake, but I thought it wasn't very cute, so I chose a butterfly picture which I found online.  Once again, my photography and lighting are terrible, so my colors look strange, but anyway, the cake turned out great.  I sent it home with my mom as a thank-you for babysitting my kids while I took the class.



No comments:

Post a Comment