Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dragon Ball Z



 I got an order this week for a groom's cake, a surprise for her fiancee, and she wanted "Dragon Ball Z," a Japanese anime cartoon. This brought back memories of college, when my roommate's boyfriend was into that show! The client sent me pictures of her fiancee's two favorite characters and the logo to recreate on a sheet cake for him,


I cut out templates in white sugar paste and then used gel food colors to paint the characters and logo on. It was so fun to do! These guys are do awesome!


  The cake is chocolate woth cherry filling and vanilla bean cream cheese frosting. I airbrushed the border of the cake with yellow food dye and pioed borders with yellow and red buttercream mixed together to create a bit of a flame effect.


Too bad my roommate's boyfriend (who is now her husband!) couldn't have had this at their wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment