Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Craft Lake City

I sold cupcakes and macarons at the Craft Lake City fair this weekend. It was a lot of work, but also really fun! I met a lot of really great people, and sold out both days! On Friday morning, before the fair began, my cupcakes got a little mention on the morning news: http://fox13now.com/2013/08/09/craft-lake-city-preview/


Here was my booth, and my niece, who came along to help. We had to be there to set up on Friday at 1:30, even though the selling didn't start until 5:00 pm! I had all the cupcakes and macarons in boxes, with the frostings in piping bags in a cooler, so we could frost everything fresh and not have melty buttercream!


We kept out 3 of each flavor at a time. Katie frosted and I handled the money. We were both very busy!


I sold 8 different kinds of cupcakes: red velvet, cherry filled chocolate with cream cheese frosting, chocolate peanut butter, oreo, coconut with lime filling, pink vanilla, triple chocolate, and salted caramel.


I had 6 different macarons: lavender milk chocolate, vanilla bean, raspberry, honey lavender, chocolate, and salted caramel.

I baked and sold 20 dozen cupcakes and 14 dozen macarons over the two days.


The vendor in the booth next to me was selling "altered landscapes" - she took landscape paintings from yard sales and thrift stores and painted in sci-fi characters. It was really awesome. She also had little ceramic figurines, like unicorns, which she had "zombified." I let her zombify my wedding cake on Saturday night. It was a big hit with the crowds! You can check her out at http://www.etsy.com/shop/katmartinartist

It was an awesome fair!





1 comment:

  1. So glad we could stop by; your cupcakes were delicious! I love the zombie wedding cake! :)

    ReplyDelete