Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Wedding for My Sister

My sister and her husband were married a couple of years ago, but they never did have a reception, and a lot of the family was unable to attend their ceremony.  So, since my sister and her husband had flown out to help me with my surgery recovery, I decided to throw her a reception and make them a cake!  Our grandfather is a retired minister, so he agreed to perform a vow renewal ceremony for them.  I made the wedding cake, and all the hors d'oeuvres for the reception - I baked and cooked from 7 am to 7 pm the day of the reception!  And then, I attended the reception, danced, and cleaned up afterward!  It was really fun, and my sister and her husband and all their guests had a wonderful time!

A few days before the ceremony, I made the flowers.  I did wild roses, calla lilies, little white "filler" flowers, leaves, and black twisties.  I also made a monogrammed topper for their cake.  The cake had alternating layers of chocolate cake and vanilla bean cake with chocolate Swiss buttercream between layers and vanilla bean buttercream outside.  My sister did not want fondant, as she does not like the taste of it.  It is trickier to do a buttercream finish, as you can't touch the sides at all when stacking the tiers as you can if you cover it with fondant.  In any case, it turned out beautiful and was extremely delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment