Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Malted Chocolate Cupcakes

This week, I was inspired by Halloween candy to make a special treat!  I made chocolate cupcakes and topped them with a rich malted chocolate frosting, and then a whopper candy to decorate and to give a flavor hint!  They were extremely delicious... I believe the chocolate malt frosting is my new favorite chocolate frosting!


In other news, I have a non-cancerous tumor in my trachea, which was diagnosed in 2008, and I have had it cut out with lasers several times in the last few years, but it has proven unresponsive to that less-invasive treatment, and so, on November 20, I will be going in to the hospital for a much more invasive surgery, where the surgeon will remove the entire section of effected trachea.  I will be in the hospital for 7-10 days, and then recovering at home for 6-8 weeks.  Therefore, I will be unable to do any orders, or post any posts until I am recovered, some time around February!  It is very sad to miss out on holiday baking - the best time of the whole year! But, my health is more important!  I have one last baby shower cake that I'll be posting later this week, and that will be my last order until February!  Thanks for reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment