Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Baby Shower Cake

This week I made a baby shower cake as a present for my friend, Mary.  Mary and I have known each other since high school, where we played in the orchestra together, and had way too much fun!  She is expecting her very first, a baby girl, and so I made her a delicious cake: alternating layers of white and strawberry cake with strawberry filling and strawberry Swiss meringue buttercream.  I decorated it with homemade vanilla fondant and hand-sculpted sugar paste baby booties and a bow!

Because it was a gift, I decided to experiment and try an inlaid stripe design with a hat-box lid on the bottom layer... it was harder to do than I thought, and it didn't turn out as well as I had envisioned!  Still, it was cute, and delicious, which is the most important part, in my opinion!

Congratulations, Mary!




No comments:

Post a Comment