Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Creme Brulee!

When baking my cakes and making buttercream, I use a LOT of egg whites.  Which means I end up with a lot of leftover yolks!  This can be OK, since I use the yolks to make fruit curd fillings and custards to go inside the cakes, but sometimes I just have more yolks than I can use.  Luckily, one of my husband's (and my) favorite desserts is creme brulee, which uses a dozen egg yolks in the recipe.  (Hey, no one says this is health food!)  And so, we have wonderful vanilla bean creme brulee... smooth, cool, creamy, and sweet, with its crisp burnt sugar crust.  It is such a delicious combination of contrasting textures and flavors.  There is really nothing like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment