Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Chocolate Salted Caramel Macaron Cake



For this decadent cake, I made 3 layers of chocolate cake, which I split, making 6 layers. I alternated filling between layers with chocolate ganache and salted caramel, and chocolate Swiss buttercream. It's frosted outside with chocolate Swiss buttercream, glazed with salted caramel, and topped with macarons.


This was my first trial batch of macarons in my new house. It's always scary to make such a temperamental recipe in a new place, but they came out perfectly.  


I filled each macaron with a ring of dark chocolate ganache, with a center of homemade salted caramel. 


The little pop of salted caramel is so good, cutting through the rich, creamy dark chocolate ganache. The great thing about macarons is all the textures you get when you eat them. A thin, crisp outer crust, a soft cake like interior, with just a bit of chew, and then the creamy filling. Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment