Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Cherry Pie

Cherry pie is my husband's favorite dessert, so every year on Father's day, I make him one with fresh cherries, which happen to be in season right on time!  I only make this pie once a year, because it is quite a pain to stem, pit, and halve two pounds of cherries!  It is so delicious, though, I think it is worth it!  I also made one for my grandfather and my mom's new husband.


Sweet Cherry Pie 

Unbaked 9 inch double pie crust
2 pounds sweet black cherries, pitted and halved
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons instant tapioca
pinch salt
juice of 1/2 lemon

Heat oven to 400 with a baking sheet on the lower middle rack. Stir together cherries, sugar, tapioca, salt, amd lemon juice in a large bowl. Trasfer to dough-lined 9-inch pie pan. Top with second half of pie dough. Pinch and crimp edges to seal, and cut slits to vent. Place pie on the baking sheet and bake 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake 30 minutes longer. Cool 4 hours before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment