Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Hawaiian Guava Wedding Cake



This wedding cake was an exciting challenge to make. The couple has food allergies to gluten, cane sugar, and chicken eggs. They also wanted a hawaiian guava chiffon cake. 

Chiffon cake is very light and fluffy, similar to angel food cake. It is served as a single layer sheet cake due to its delicacy. Using it for a tiered wedding cake was tricky, but I was able to make it work by assembling the cake on site, avoiding transporting it whole.


For the top tier, I used my own homemade gluten free flour blend, and specially ordered duck eggs and beet sugar. It was the first cake the couple  had been able to eat in years, and they loved it! 

For the decoration, they wanted an "exploded rose" design. I made homemade gum paste, dyed it red, rolled it out, cut and shaped 125 petals, plus a central rose.



I set them out on a drying rack to make sure I had made enough for the design. I was very pleased with the end result, and so was the couple!





No comments:

Post a Comment