Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cake Class Final Cake

Last night was the final night of the cake class I've been taking.  We were supposed to design and create a cake using techniques we had learned in the class, like getting the cake layers perfectly stacked and the frosting perfectly smooth, and how to create a design that visually fills the space well.  One of my favorite flowers that we learned to make was the "drop flower."  I made a whole bunch of these drop flowers out of pink royal icing in preparation for this class, because I wanted to make a cherry blossom cake.  I've seen many cherry blossom wedding cakes, and they are so beautiful!  The little drop flowers were just perfect, I thought.  So, here is my final cake - spiced carrot cake filled with cream cheese frosting, and then frosted with vanilla bean Swiss buttercream, and then decorated with royal icing cherry blossoms!  I'm very pleased with the result!



No comments:

Post a Comment