Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Vanilla Petits Fours

It feels so fancy to serve tiny little petits fours! I had found a great new recipe for poured fondant that is easy to use, and delicious, as seen a couple of posts ago, when I made the chocolate version. Today I wanted to try the vanilla version, and it came out great! Click here for the recipe from my other post.


I made a half recipe of my favorite light and fluffy white cake, and spread it into a thin layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. It baked up fast, and cooled fast, as it was so thin, and then I cut it in half, spread one side with luxurious vanilla French buttercream, topped it with the other half and froze the whole thing until it was firm. Then I cut it into little 1 inch by 1 1/4 inch rectangles and covered them with the white chocolate poured fondant. Then I piped a little rosebud and leaf on each one with some extra French buttercream.

They're so moist and creamy inside, and the not-too-sweet French buttercream is the perfect filling to offset the sweet fondant glaze. Now I just need some lace doilies and a china tea set... Pinkies out!


No comments:

Post a Comment