Gourmet Baked Goods

http://citrusspicebakery.com (801) 923-4117 citrusspicebakery@gmail.com

Custom wedding and party cakes, cupcakes, sugar cookies, and French macarons.

All my products are made to be the most delicious you've ever eaten! Painstakingly tested recipes, innovative baking techniques, and the very best ingredients set them apart. Premium chocolates, Madagascar vanilla beans, real butter, fresh fruit, and premium toasted nuts.

Everything I make is from scratch, including my fondant, sugar paste and modeling chocolate.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dinosaur Cupcakes!

I got an order this week for birthday cupcakes for a little boy... and he wanted dinosaurs!  These are chocolate cupcakes with three kinds of Swiss meringue buttercream: peanut butter for mud, green peppermint for grass, and coconut for nests, with whopper candies as the dinosaur eggs!  I drew a triceratops, a T-rex, and a brachiosaur on paper, cut them out, and then used them as a template on my homemade sugar paste to cut out all the dinos in green, blue, and red.  Then, I stuck a white pearl sprinkle on, and used a toothpick dipped in some black food dye to draw on the pupil.  They came out so cute, and I was especially pleased, because my 5 year old daughter came into the kitchen and correctly identified each type of dinosaur! 


No comments:

Post a Comment